This property has been fully funded and is not currently available for investment. We are in the process of completing the purchase at which point it will move to our Resale market.
View a short video from our Director of Property on why this is a great investment.
A freehold building of 8 flats, Keogh House is our first venture along the M4 corridor in Swindon. Due to its relative affordability compared to its surroundings, many businesses have set up in the area resulting in a growing skilled workforce and one of the highest employment rates in the UK. As a major employment hub outside of London, Swindon retains a higher yield with above average regional growth forecasts from the major research houses.
Keogh House is set in a well established residential area, and benefits from frequent transport links into the town centre and railway station, therefore should continue to benefit from high rental demand.
- The investment comprises an unbroken block of 8 flats in Keogh House, Swindon plus the Freehold interest for the entire building and is geared at 50% loan-to-value (LTV) of the purchase price. Gearing gives enhanced exposure to property price movements, and the potential for amplified returns; though investors must note amplified negative returns if prices fall.
- There is a significant discount reflected in the purchase price of these properties, which we have secured by bulk-purchasing them at an RICS Investment Value (bulk price) of £985,000 versus the RICS Vacant Possession Value (break-up price) of the individual units of £1,070,000. Please note that future quarterly revaluations will be based on the Investment Value.
- By purchasing the properties at their investment value as opposed to their break-up value, investors will benefit from a higher net dividend yield than would be achieved by purchasing individual units.
- Swindon is set to benefit from substantial regeneration plans including investments into Kimmerfields central business district, Carriageworks, North Star and the Swindon Museum and Art Gallery. These projects aim to deliver 10,000 new jobs, a state-of-the-art transport interchange and bring in £500 million of inward investment to the town centre.
Our investment comprises 8 one-bedroom flats. By purchasing the properties in a single transaction, we were able to offer the vendor a fast and professional service from an experienced buyer. This, combined with our previous track record enabled us to secure a reduced purchase price of £985,000 for these properties versus an RICS certified Vacant Possession Value (break-up price) of the individual units of £1,070,000. Further, by purchasing these properties at a bulk discount investors will benefit from a higher dividend yield than would be achieved by purchasing individual units.
Contracts were exchanged on March 9th and completion is scheduled for April 19th 2017. The resale market for this investment will launch the following business day after completion. Regardless of the completion date, investors will start accruing dividend income from the day they commit to investing in the property.
The total rent forecast for the 8 units is £57,600 per annum. The number of vacant flats may vary month to month. For prudence we have factored into our forecasts an annual void rate of 1.9% and have not included any growth in rental values.
At the forecasted level of rent, Gross Rental Yield would be 5.85% and the forecast Dividend Yield 4.02% (fully accounting for and after mortgage interest payments, purchase costs, furnishings, forecast maintenance, annual voids, corporate taxation and all fees). From April 2016 UK taxpayers are entitled to a £5,000 annual dividend allowance. See our FAQs here for more information.
The mortgage is provided by a major high street bank with a five-year fixed interest rate. The interest rate is fixed at completion, but based on rates currently available, we estimate interest of approximately 3.8%. After this five-year period, the interest rate will switch to a variable rate based on the bank's base rate. At that point, we will assess the situation and either continue with the variable rate or fix the interest rate for an additional period if necessary. Please refer to our blog post on geared property for further details.
The properties are being acquired in good condition. The Chartered Surveyor's report identifies no material issues. We have set aside a contingency of £4,250 for any minor issues that are identified after purchase. There is also a total provision of £500 for furnishings.
This transaction was approved by our RICS qualified Director of Property.
The investment comprises 8 one-bedroom flats. All the flats contain a living room, kitchen and bathroom.
There is off street parking available for tenants.
We present here floorplans for 2 of the flats as examples.
- Share Valuation
- House Price Index
- Rental Income Breakdown
- Funding Target
- Share Valuation
- Purchase Price
- Purchase Costs
- Stamp Duty
- Legal & Prof Fees
- Pre-let expenses
- Repairs Provision
- Mortgage Arrangement Fees
- - £497,425
- Funding Target
The HPI is an official statistic that captures changes in the value of residential properties across England and Wales. It is published by the Land Registry, which is a UK government organisation.
Note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Residential property investment is a total returns product. This information is the income component only. Increasing capital values have historically driven most of the return.
- Gross Rent per year (E)
- Service Charges
- - £0
- Gross Rental Revenue
- = £57,600
- Gross Rental Yield
- - £35,495
- Annual Interest Payment
- Letting and Management
- Property Insurance
- Allowance for possible voids
- Maintenance Allowance
- Corporation Tax
- Dividends per year
- = £22,105
- Dividend Yield
Note: UK taxpayers are currently entitled to a £5,000 annual dividend allowance. This means that the total income related tax you pay is no greater than if you were to own the property directly. Gross rent and dividends may be lower than estimated. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in future. See FAQs for more information on taxation. The Dividend Yield assumes an investment at the Latest Valuation.
8 flats in Keogh House, SN2 2PE,