This property has been fully funded and is not currently available for investment. We are in the process of completing the purchase at which point it will move to our Resale market.
This property has a strong investment case, with a calculated total return of 45% over 5 years based on third party forecasts for the region. By agreeing to buy all twelve flats and the Freehold interest in a single transaction, we’ve secured a 9.6% discount to the price of the individual flats. The exit strategy for this investment will be to sell the flats individually to realise the full discount for investors.
Molyneux Court is located in Broadgreen, an established residential suburb of Liverpool. We're purchasing this Freehold block from a vendor who has owned the building for 19 years. During that time the property has experienced very low void rates due to a number of long-standing tenants and, as discussed in the video, has been modernised internally resulting in a strong energy rating.
The property is located a 2 minute walk to the local railway station providing direct access to Liverpool Lime Street in 11 minutes and Manchester Victoria in 52 minutes. There are several major employers in the area including Jaguar Land Rover, Sony and Barclays all within half an hour's drive from the property. In addition, Broadgreen Hospital is only a 12 minute walk from the property with its employees having a high propensity to rent in the local area.
View a short video from our Director of Property to learn more.
- The investment comprises 12 flats in Molyneux Court, Broadgreen plus the Freehold interest. We have purchased the properties at a 9.6% discount by buying in bulk. The discount more than covers the purchase costs of 6.9% (stamp duty, mortgage fees, etc) providing a platform for above average capital growth and a degree of downside protection, in addition to the dividend
- Our exit strategy is to sell the flats individually rather than as a single investment, thereby realising the discount that we have secured from buying in bulk. Being 12 flats in a well-established location, they lend themselves to individual sale
- Leading research agencies Savills, Knight Frank, JLL and CBRE, have predicted house price growth in the North West of 12%, 10.4%, 18.1% and 10.9% respectively, over the next 5 years. The average of these predictions is 12.9% and once geared by the mortgage debt would deliver 5-year capital growth of 25%, based on selling the units individually. Once the dividend yield is added, this would equate to a total return of 45% over a 5-year period after deducting all costs of purchase (including the initial Property Partner transaction fee) and accounting for corporation tax on the capital gain, if the flats were sold at this value. The enhanced rental income promotion is paid in addition to these underlying returns
- Liverpool is currently undertaking several major infrastructure development projects throughout the city. These include a £5.5bn mixed use regeneration proposal to transform its northern docks, and a recent £400m expansion of the Port to create one of Europe’s most advanced shipping terminals. This substantial development should encourage growth in the broader region
- The property is mortgaged at 50% loan-to-value (LTV) of the purchase price. The mortgage gives enhanced exposure to property price movements, and the potential for amplified returns; though investors must note amplified negative returns if prices fall. For your information, we have chosen to offer this property on a mortgaged basis, because doing so increases the forecast 5-year total return from 31% to 45% and increases the annual yield by 0.43% p.a
Contracts were exchanged on September 4th and completion is scheduled on or before October 9th 2017. The resale market for this investment will launch the following business day after completion. Regardless of the completion date, investors will start accruing dividend income from the day they commit to investing in the property.
Our investment comprises 12 two-bedroom flats. By purchasing the properties in a single transaction, we were able to offer the vendor a fast and professional service from an experienced buyer. This, combined with our previous track record enabled us to secure a reduced purchase price of £1,030,000 for these properties versus a Chartered Surveyors Valuation of the units if sold separately of £1,140,000. By purchasing these properties at a bulk discount investors will benefit from a higher dividend yield than would be achieved by purchasing individual units.
The total rent forecast for the 12 units is £72,688 per annum. The number of vacant flats may vary month to month. For prudence we have factored into our forecasts an annual void rate of 1.9% and have not included any growth in rental values.
At the forecasted level of rent, Gross Rental Yield would be 6.44% and the forecast Dividend Yield 4.02% (fully accounting for and after mortgage interest payments, purchase costs, furnishings, forecast maintenance, annual voids, corporate taxation and all fees). Since April 2016 UK taxpayers are entitled to a £5,000 annual dividend allowance. See our FAQs here for more information.
The mortgage is provided by a major high street bank with a five-year fixed interest rate of approximately 3.8%. After this five-year period, the interest rate will switch to a variable rate based on the bank's base rate. At that point, we will assess the situation and either continue with the variable rate or fix the interest rate for an additional period if necessary. Please refer to our blog post on geared property for further details.
The properties are being acquired in good condition, and the Chartered Surveyor's report identifies no material issues. We have set aside a contingency of £16,000 for any issues that are identified after purchase. There is also a total provision of £3,000 for furnishings.
We are acquiring the Freehold block comprising 12 flats.
This transaction was approved by our RICS qualified Director of Property.
The investment comprises 12 two-bedroom flats.
There is allocated parking available to tenants.
We present here floorplans for 3 of the flats as examples.
- Share Valuation
- House Price Index
- Rental Income Breakdown
- Funding Target
- Share Valuation
- Purchase Price
- Purchase Costs
- Stamp Duty
- Legal & Prof Fees
- Pre-let expenses
- Repairs Provision
- Mortgage Arrangement Fees
- - £520,150
- Funding Target
The HPI is an official statistic that captures changes in the value of residential properties across England and Wales. It is published by the Land Registry, which is a UK government organisation.
Note: Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results.
Residential property investment is a total returns product. This information is the income component only. Increasing capital values have historically driven most of the return.
- Gross Rent per year (E)
- Service Charges
- - £6,355
- Gross Rental Revenue
- = £66,333
- Gross Rental Yield
- - £42,176
- Annual Interest Payment
- Letting and Management
- Property Insurance
- Allowance for possible voids
- Maintenance Allowance
- Corporation Tax
- Dividends per year
- = £24,157
- Dividend Yield
Note: UK taxpayers are currently entitled to a £5,000 annual dividend allowance. This means that the total income related tax you pay is no greater than if you were to own the property directly. Gross rent and dividends may be lower than estimated. Tax treatment depends on individual circumstances and may be subject to change in future. See FAQs for more information on taxation. The Dividend Yield assumes an investment at the Latest Valuation.
12 flats in Molyneux Court, L14 3LS,